Tuesday, April 24, 2012

A-Class: Deathsuit



A-Class is a Korean rapper who grew up outside of Baltimore. He started rhyming with friends and at school with influences such as Wu-Tang, Nas, and Mos Def. His first battle was at the beach, in which he had won. From there A-Class went on to compete in events/battles all around Baltimore. He attended scribble Jam between 2007-2008. From there he met battle rapper PH, formerly Pumpkin Head. PH, which hosts many Grindtime battles on the east coast, then gave A-Class a chance in GrindTime. From there his career kicked into gear. He recently just released his second album, Deathsuit. Watch the video to the first single from the EP here, So Filthy  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k50TDAuGPDQ . DOPE!



What is the meaning behind the name "A-Class"?
"Someone gave me the name per say, thy was like "you a-class", meaning top notch I suppose. It just stuck. I later came up with the acronym, Aaron Creates Lyrical Art So Simply."

How did you begin making music?
"I began making music with friends that I met from around MD. They had home studios and such. I still record at home studios, I like the quiet and peace it makes me relax and be creative."

Who is the first celebrity you have ever met?
"First celeb, well battlers were celebs to me. When I first started battling and met Thesaurus, that was like huge! I've seen a lot of big names but never have introduced myself. Ghostface, Slick Rick, Blast Master Krs-One (who by the way has THE illest live show I've seen), and Slug."

Who do you wish to collaborate with in the future?
"My dream collabs are DJ Premier and MIA. Realistic collabs are D-Pryde and NoCanDo. They are both kinda too famous to me too haha!"

How has GrindTime impact your career?
GT (GrindTime) has signings that boosted and helped me in many ways. If it weren't for GT/KOTD (King Of The Dot), I probably would not be making music and rhyming still. I've been able to reach thousands of people World Wide. Thank you "battle scene".


Message to your fans:
"Enjoy music and Hip Hop culture, support good artist, and don't be fooled by marketing and pop opinions. Most of all enjoy the music and artist YOU enjoy and love! Also support AA artist we coming up! Well a lot of them are already there, but I am hot on ya trail!"

"Massive shout-outs to Inglorious RIC, Lower Class Citizens, and Good Vibes Hip Hop!" - A-Class
You can download A-Class latest album Deathsuit as well as his first album Motive Response, here at http://www.brakefastrecords.com/ 

No comments:

Post a Comment